Focus on the GOOD

Philippians 4:8 (NLT)

And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.

Paul closes his letter to the Church in Philippi with the encouragement to keep their focus on God and His influence in their lives. Paul had addressed many challenges that the people of Philippi had in their day to day struggles and how they could affect the witness of the Church. Paul knew that many things will happen to us in our lives and some of them will be beyond our control but even if we can’t control the circumstances, we can always control our response to them. It has been stated that our lives are 10% of things that happen to us and the remaining 90% is absorbed in how we deal with those circumstances. We also know that time has proven out the thought that whatever we focus on in our lives is what increases. If we focus and give attention to the negative, then it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy to our reality. If we can follow Paul’s direction and focus on the eternal positive attributes of God and focus our lives on them then God will provide opportunity in every circumstance for us grow in his Love.